Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Say Cheese!!!

I have a hard time falling asleep. I need to be really tired before I even think about getting in bed. Even then it's a crapshoot as to whether I'll actually fall asleep right away or not. On a good night I lie in bed for at least 15 or 20 mins before I fall asleep. On my weekend out of town, I had to go to bed when everyone else did. That was at about 10:45pm both nights. I was not tired! I suppose I could have stayed up, but all the friggin lights were turned off. The other fun little thing was that we all slept in the same room, in rows of bunk beds. Men and women, all in bunkbeds, kids were in the other room. After about 5 mins of the lights being out, I can tell that EVERYONE is asleep. I always wondered how normal people fell asleep. Well, lying there bored I had a lot of time to think. Of course my mind isn't going to think about nice normal stuff. Did I mention that I had nothing in common with these people. I started thinking about about how fucking funny it would be to take pictures of everyone while they were sleeping, and then showing them in the morning. Just say something like, "wow dude you make a really funny face while you sleep..........wanna see?" then show him the picture of him sleeping. Even better would be the shot that everybody does when they're trying to get a selfportrait with a friend, you know the face smooshed together pic, do one of those and show them that. There I am in bed, the symphony of snoring going on around me and I'm trying not to laugh. I'm guessing it might not look any better with me giggling in my bunk, in the dark, by myself. Now don't get me wrong, they were all good fine Americans, I just didn't have anything in common with them. Now just in case you were wondering I didn't take any pictures that night, and I did eventually fall asleep. Other than that, my weekend was pretty fucking boring. Later Y'all. I'm 10-99.

No comments: