Thursday, January 8, 2009
The Best Laid Plans....................
Yeah, the big plans for the new year are already in the shitter. By the way, my weekend out of town was pretty damn boring! I survived though. I did get to see a really col ice storm blow in late one night. I had to go get something out of my car, which was just code for " I have to get the hell out of this cabin or I'm going to skin and quarter all of you boring freaks!" But I digress. On my way down to my car which was about a half mile down the trail, I could see some really, really dark clouds blowing in really fast. The temperature was dropping fast with the 45 mile an hour winds that were howling through the massive red cedars lining the path. I could feel the rain starting to sting my face, and it was freezing instantly on my jacket. The only light you could see was from distant lights reflecting off the snow, the sky was pitch black. On my way back to the cabin, I walked up on the ridge above the lake and stood there for a long time with the wind and rain hitting me in the face, not wanting to leave. My face and ears were stinging, my fingers getting numb, but I wanted to stay there all night................feeling. I wanted to share those sensations with someone, it's not something you can describe, I tried, but going back and reading this, I did poorly to convey just how intense the sensations I was experiencing were. I did have to go back in, I thought about telling someone there, but they wouldn't understand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment