Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Viva La Revolucione!!
A couple of weeks ago a friend sent me an email saying he was going to be in town to meet up with some people from high school that he re-connected with on Facebook and he wanted to know if I wanted to go. For the most part, anyone that I liked enough to hang out with in high school I still talk to, but I wanted to go have a few beers with him, so I decided to go. It was at a bar near the old alma mater. When I showed up and walked in I didn't recognize anyone so I went to the bar to get a beer. Well turns out that I didn't recognize them because they all looked old, fat and bald! But I was nice and kept that to myself, I did see my friend that I still talk to and went to go sit by him. After a lot of questions like, "who the hell is that!" And, "did that guy always have such a huge head?!" I started talking to a few of the guys, and after the initial, " what have you been doing for the last 20 some odd years" type of questions I quickly realized that I STILL don't have anything in common with any of those guys. The guy that was an asshole in school is still an asshole, and the geek is still a geek (even though he drives a "beemer" now), and so on. I had some guy that I didn't recognize at all start talking to me like we were old friends, he introduced me to his cute wife, who I got along with really well, but I still couldn't place him. Even after I got his name and who he used to hang out with I still that night was the first time I had ever talked to him. Aside from the creepy 60 year old woman at the bar asking to have sex with me, it was an incredibly boring night. I was able to occasionally mention things about the "revolution" in normal boring conversations, so that was kinda fun. I don't think I'm going to any more of those "gatherings", well unless more hot chicks show up, 'cause I think I'd have a pretty good chance with them since I still have all my hair and haven't gotten huge. Though if I do show up I may have to wear the cod piece, that usually goes over well. Well that's all I've got for today. Later Freaks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm not a freak... really...
Later incredibly hot woman, just doesn't have the same ring ;-)
Post a Comment